Bionic Commando, the incredibly popular 1988 NES game, was given a HD remade for XBLA and PSN in 2008. Titled Bionic Commando Rearmed, this remake went onto become incredibly popular in itself, so popular in fact it was announced last year that a sequel was in development.
At CES, a couple of days back Capcom swung out with some new screens for us to get semi nostalgic over.
This sequel, which I’m assuming was possible due to Biff Tannen going back in time and creating an alternative 1988 where Bionic Commando 2 existed, adds the following new tricks to Nathan “Radd” Spencer’s arm.
- New weapons, attacks and enhancements for the all-purpose bionic arm
- New platforming mechanics provides more freedom and challenges. Now the impossible is within your “leap!”
- The bionic arm isn’t just for combat! Plenty of platforming based puzzles will put your bionic swinging skills to the test.
- 2-player campaign co-op play is back and better than ever.
- Classic platforming action with enhanced graphics and better camera functionality.
- All new musical score inspired by NES-era sound effects, produced by the same creative mind behind the original Bionic Commando Rearmed soundtrack
- Cut-scene art designed by cutting-edge art studio Massive Black, whose previously worked on Infamous, Bioshock 2 and,God of War III