After what will be 15 years (when C&C4 is finally released next year) the current Command and Conquer thread will come to its finale with Command and Conquer 4. I say current thread because for a series as successful as C&C EA would be mad men to give it up now. No doubt EA are already working on new ideas for that, but in the mean time they were kind enough to release the box art (yes that’s all you’re getting, for now).
To get you in the right frame of mind, the following synopsis you sufficiently prepare you for the finale:
It is the year 2062 and humanity is at the brink of extinction. Tiberium, the mysterious, alien crystalline structure that has infested Earth for decades and served as the primary reason for years of relentless conflict between the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod, is close to rendering the planet uninhabitable. Mankind is on the verge of extinction when Kane, Nod’s prophetic leader, emerges from seclusion to deliver GDI the message that he has developed a system that could control Tiberium and harness its power. But he cannot build this “Tiberium Control Network” without GDI’s cooperation. Thus, the two opposing factions – GDI and Nod – inevitably find themselves in desperation for the same cause: to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind.
Just in case the box art isn’t enough for you, below you will find all media on the game, key features and a link to the official site with a teaser trailer.
- The Epic Conclusion of the Saga – Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight brings the 15-year Tiberium saga to a powerful and epic conclusion, told through grittier and darker live action cinematics, the return of Nod’s enigmatic leader Kane (Joe Kucan) and all the answers on the fate of Earth, GDI, Tiberium, Nod and most of all, Kane himself.
- First Class-based C&C – Play as Offense, Defense or Support classes from GDI and Nod. Each class is unique, offering players different play styles, giving you tons of strategic options and coming with its own set of units designed to support your chosen style.
- Mobile bases! – The Crawler is your giant, new, all-in-one mobile base that you control on the battlefield to produce new units, structures, powers and upgrades, each specific to the class and faction you chose to play with. Build units and store them in your hull as you move around the map and surprise your enemy with a sudden fury of units
- Persistent Player Progression – Every unit you destroy awards you with experience points. Level up and spend your experience points on new units, powers and upgrades that give you more strategic options to choose from. Your progression is stored in your online profile that you can access from any PC with C&C 4 installed.
- 5v5 Multiplayer – With its objective-based 5v5 multiplayer, Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight brings a new, social, real-time-strategy experience to your PC. Choose your individual classes and play together as a team to conquer your enemy. The all-new party system lets you move with your party of friends from one online battle to the next.
Official website: commandandconquer4