For anyone who has even a smidgen of geek running through their veins will know that its comic con time in San Deigo. Once upon at time that used to mean just comics, but now its a one stop shop for all your geek needs, including games.
Returning for this year’s comic con, Capcom has taken the opportunity to announce four additional characters to the already strong line up previewed at this year’s E3. They are Chun-Li, Doctor Doom, Trish and Super Skrull, all seen below.
Also, if you fancy trying to guess who may or may not be in the game, you might want to cast your eye along the silhouette of heroes in the background of each image. I’ve not given it a thorough look but it definitely looks like the are a couple of un accounted silhouettes in there.
Finally, and to keep things even, I have included character art for the other ten heroes already announced and the key points from the latest press release. So between scanning for clues and checking out what’s going on at comic con this year, you should be busy right up until Capcom’s next announcement for the game. Which, knowing Capcom, will be a very short wait.
The game is due for download on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Spring 2011.
- Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
- Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved new battle system, the “Team Aerial Combo” takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
- 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team as you assign unique Assist Attacks for each character and utilize each character’s special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
- Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
- New Characters: In addition to the cast of popular franchise characters including Ryu, Wolverine, Morrigan, Iron Man, Hulk, Chris Redfield, Captain America, Felicia, Chun-Li, Doctor Doom, Trish and Super-Skrull, Marvel’s increasingly popular Deadpool and Capcom’s Dante join the game for the first time in fighting game history.