Title Update 2 For Halo 3 is here and not a lot has changed except for a few technical improvements and some more achievements, WHAT! More achievements?????
here’s the full list:
- Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch(0 points) – Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.
- Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7(0 points) – Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.
- Vidmaster Challenge: Annual (0 points) – After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.
- Double Double (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.
- Poor Yorick (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball melee kills during any ranked or social match.
- Came…From…Behind (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 assassinations during any ranked or social match.
- Defend This (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a flag melee kill during any ranked or social match.
- Flag Dropped (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 2 flag carrier kills during any ranked or social match.
- Road Rage(25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.
- Look Both Ways (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.
As some of the more observant will notice the Vidmaster challenges will garner no points, luckily Bungie is on hand to explain that and a few other things
Let’s dive into this a little deeper and try and address some of the questions that will no doubt arise from the community. First off are the “Vidmaster Challenge” achievements. These three will not earn you any gamer points but there will (eventually) be a pay-off. We’re not going to spoil the fun just yet but suffice it to say that gamerscore isn’t everything. There is a pot of gold at the end of the Vidmaster rainbow and it is something you will want. More details later.
Hmm, this is very interesting there are three achievements all with no points, but if you have all three something awesome will happen. Can’t wait to find out what that will be!
As for the rest of the achievements Bungie has very kindly made it possible to earn them in either ranked or social matches. Which is just as well because I can’t count the amount of times I’ve earned the blasted ranked achievements online, but not in ranked matches!
The “Annual” achievement will be obtainable starting on 9/25, to celebrate the anniversary of Halo 3. Your first chance at earning “7 on 7” will be on October 7th (Shishka has informed me that it will be a version of the “Icy Treats” playlist). After that, you can try again on the 7th of every month. Finally, the “Lightswitch” is something is you can start working towards NOW. (Note: there’s more info on the new playlist rating system down below).
The other seven achievements will result in 250 gamer points and can be earned by playing ranked OR social Xbox LIVE multiplayer matches on any of the Legendary DLC maps (Blackout, Avalanche and Ghost Town).
For more information about Title Update 2, visit Bungie