I have to admit that the concept of Onchanbaratm has never really interested me, the incredibly high concept plot, scantily clad “babes” and over the top gore have always come off as a cheap mask. One that is used to cover a bad game with it’s core demographic “top 5 awesome things” which include weapons, explosions, stunts and the aforementioned babes and gore. I could be being too harsh on the game, I mean it’s supposed to be entertainment after all but it looks so obviously bad it’s unavoidable.
Since I’ve never played the game I can’t honestly comment on it’s quality, but fortunately Onechanbaratm has secured a BBFC 15 rating and will be out on 27th February for the Wii (yes really). So I will put my preconceptions to one side and play the game, you never know I might like it.
Here’s what to expect.
- Control Two Super Sexy Sisters and Their Sword Swinging Samurai Skills with the Wii Controls – Players can master sword swinging martial arts to take full advantage of the Wii Remote motion controls by slashing, swinging and thrusting into zombie enemy hordes.
- Single Player and Co-op Play – Invite a friend to join in the fight with Co-Op mode and try out unique fighting styles together to rid the city of zombie infestation.
- Go Deep Inside Aya, Saki, and the Legend of Onechanbara in Multiple Gameplay Modes – In addition to the main Story Mode players can experience the game in Free Play Mode, Survival Mode, Quest Mode and more to let gamers dive deeper into the Onechanbara world.
- Killer Combat Control System – Each character has a variety of moves and weapons that the player can utilize to combat enemies in the air, on the ground, at a distance, when surrounded or even to evade attacks. The player can change weapon attacks – for example, switching between one katana for precision work, or use two katanas to take out large crowds of enemies.
- Rage Mode – Rage Mode unleashes the hidden power inside of Aya and Saki, causing the player to go into a rage state where if approached by a zombie, nothing will withhold the blood that gushes from these sisters swords as they gain more power and more agility to destroy enemies faster and deadlier.