Halcyon Games today revealed that hip-hop artist and actor Common, film and TV actress Moon Bloodgood, and award-winning actress Rose McGowan will lend their voices and likenesses to Terminator Salvation the videogame.
Based on the upcoming film, Terminator Salvation the videogame offers players the chance to assume the role of John Connor, a soldier in the resistance, battling for survival against the far superior forces of Skynet. Common reprises his film role as Barnes, a humorous ex-football player who manages to crack jokes while battling an army of relentless Terminators (isn’t this the Cole Train, baby?). Moon Bloodgood returns to her role as Blair Williams, the confident and attractive resistance soldier who thinks Connor should step up as a leader and isn’t afraid to call him on it. Rose McGowan joins the team to voice a role that is exclusive to the game. McGowan plays Angie Salter, a fatalistic ex-elementary school teacher who’s still not adjusted to the harsh realities of war.
- New Installment of Terminator Mythology: Set two years prior to the upcoming Terminator Salvation film, players will get the opportunity to be John Connor for the first time and continue the epic fiction of the Terminator mythology.
- Unrelenting Intelligent Robotic Enemies: Unrelenting and incredibly resilient iconic enemies from the Terminator franchise fight to the bitter end on land and in the sky. Designed to pursue the player by any means necessary, damaged or broken enemies will literally claw their way forward to inflict harm.
- Advanced Destructible Cover Gameplay: Terminator Salvation – The Videogame will incorporate advanced cover mechanics which allows players to use the destructible environment as protection and strategically navigate through enemy entrenched territory. The cover mechanic’s multi-faceted design changes the way “cover” gameplay is executed.
- Diverse Array of Advanced Weaponry: The player has access to a wide array of weapons including shotguns, fully automatic machine guns, huge mounted weaponry, grenades, rocket-launchers and even a plasma firing Skynet tank.
- Rugged Armored Vehicles Gun Fights: Pursue, attack, or evade enemies through post-apocalyptic environments on foot or inside rugged armored vehicles in extremely kinetic and extensive cinematic gun battles.